About a year old – http://peridot-php.github.io/ – Clean and refreshing. Assertions library at http://peridot-php.github.io/leo/expect.html .
Installed it with:
composer global require peridot-php/peridot:~1.15
composer global require peridot-php/leo:~1.0
And had to add it to the PATH ( $HOME/.composer/vendor/bin ).
I’m pretty excited to let you know I’ve finally started working on my next presentation ( after taking a break for about 8 months from meetups and presentations ).
It will be about agile fluency, and all I’ve gotta show for it so far is a ( hi-res ) photo of my whiteboard wall with some thoughts.
- Got in touch with Chris Brower, the Program Co-ordinator for Digital Media Design and 3D Computer Graphics at the Red River College. It seems that the best fit for my further education would be a selection of courses from the digital media design, graphic design, and creative communications programmes, though I still really don’t haven’t looked into it enough to know whether that makes any sense, so I will take a close look at those programmes to understand it all better.
- Wrote this and previous blog post
- Followed up with a new technical writer acquaintance I made on Wednesday at the WordPress meetup.
- Got an appointment with Mario Tomberli, a local software developer recruiter, who reached out to me after I tweeted about being laid off
- Set up job alerts at the Job Bank website. Used location Winnipeg, no job title, and keywords: web software app mobile developer programming programmer
- Signed up for an orientation session with the YMCA Business Training Centre, for joining their Self Employment Program
- Signed up for an orientation session for the E.A.R.S. programme offered by the Winnipeg Transition Centre
- Signed up for an orientation session with Opportunities for Employment
I still plan to try to set up my computer further for work on WordPress websites, an initiative I’m hoping will provide lucrative self-employment opportunities, and perhaps even a product with passive income opportunities.
I’ve set up a version-controlled repository for the code retreat.
This time around I have branches with the boilerplate/scaffolding code for several testing frameworks including:
* DocTest for Python
* PHPUnit & SimpleTest for PHP
Just a new face I got. Jus’ sayin’
Got my new glasses from http://goggles4u.com. The lenses are so clean that the world looks new and shiny! I need a haircut/makeover. :)
<?php echo “Remember me next time”; ?>