I’m excited to let you know that I hope to get together with some of you fellow Winnipeg programmers and implement Conway’s Game of Life with the Processing programming framework. I hope you will come!
There is a really cool intro to TDD “kata” on Roy Osherove’s website: TDD Kata 1. I’d be available to go through an implementation with PHP. It is a very nice way to get familiar with some ideas in test-driven development, because it is very beginner-level.
I just suggested this meetup on the Winnipeg PHP UG meetup page: http://www.meetup.com/Winnipeg-PHP/events/155430762/ . Please RSVP “Yes” if you’re interested – 2 RSVPs and it gets announced to everyone through the meetup group.
After a great line-up last time around, I’m again scheduled to attend a number of very promising presentations. I hope you can attend some too!
- BSides Winnipeg, this Saturday, November 16th
- The first meetup of the new Winnipeg QA User Group, November 20th, by an Agile Winnipeg Colleague Jon Graham
- Iteration 25 – Impact Mapping, November 28th, at the Winnipeg Agile user group
- Custom rSpec matchers and macros with Amir Barylko, December 9th, at the Winnipeg Ruby user group
- Single page web app workshop (Part 1) with Amir Barylko, December 10th, at the Winnipeg .NET user group