I certainly enjoyed reading their content, and recommend for everyone to spend a little bit of time learning about the Positive Parenting Program.
The Caffeine Cam website is focused on selling Canadian candy and snacks to the states. It required a custom shipping calculation module, supporting fedex and USPS.
If ever there’s a leak on your faucets or pipes whether it is on your home or just in company, schedule an appointment with
plumbing services auburn in and they will fix those leak problems.
This is an eStore for a Winnipeg clothing store.
A fun little bit that I discovered during the creation of this website is that you can give your links an underline with a color different than the font color itself (see primary navigation in the header), by giving the <a> tag a border-bottom instead of a text-decoration: underline;. The idea actually came from the implementation of the theme on this website, which uses the same technique.
The two highlights of this project for me were the several tricks for cutting out the images from a PSD file I learned, and the 2 user interfaces I created for the Member directory listing and the club directory listing.
The HTML & CSS were fun to create because I learned a few new tricks for cutting out the images out of the PSD file:
- If you select a wider area around an image, if there is nothing else other than that image in the selection Photoshop only selects the image. This helps with not having to exactly select the pixels you need, which makes things slightly faster
- If you copy a layer over to a new file, if the effects applied to the layer are not copied over, you can right click on the original layer and select “copy layer style” then paste it over into the layer in the new file.
- To select a layer exactly, you can first select the selection tool, then hold down ctrl and click on the image representing the layer in the layer browser on the right. Then you can easily cut it out to get the image to use in the CSS.
The Club directory listing is alphabetically ordered, and there are two methods used that make it easier to find what you are looking for:
- On the top of the list, there is a “table of contents” – a list of links to the first letter of the club name.
- Along the left side of the page, the first letter of the club name is shown in large letters above the first club with any given initial.
The Member directory listing uses a tabular layout, and the rows are alternating in color for making it easy to read a single row. The columns are separated with a border which makes it easy to read down a single column.
Recently I installed CentOS using a USB Stick on my laptop, and blogged about it.
I am currently using CentOS, and it is a fairly good experience, although I am still not able to connect with wireless, although it is almost set up correctly (I even had it going for an hour or so, then rebooted 🙂
Anyway, I am glad for the opportunity to learn to use the RedHat set of administration tools, and switch distros for a bit.